1280100C, Powermatic PM 2700 Shaper, 3HP 1PH 230V W/Casters
Powermatic 1280100C PM 2700 Shaper, 3HP 1PH 230V W/Casters
This new PM2700 Shaper offers more features to you than any other shaper in the same class. The extra large 30" x 40" precision ground cast iron table includes a heavy duty miter gauge with an aluminum extruded support. The built-in, omni-directional caster system (patent pending) is retractable into the base. A quick-release lever allows fast speed and belt changes. The extruded aluminum fence has several T-slots so you can mount a wood face to create a no-clearance surface around any shaper or router bit. The fence also gives you the ability to quickly move the fence close to its final position, lock it in and then use the precision micro adjustments on each side of the cutter to dial in exactly the position you need. Adding to the precision of this machine is a digital readout for the spindle height. This allows making adjustments to within .001" in the spindle height, which is critical when aligning rail and stile cutters for those raised panel doors.
- Integrated caster system built into the cast iron base for instant shop mobility
- Spindle height digital readout for making fine incremental adjustments on multiple passes
- Heavy duty 30" x 40" precision ground tabletop for smooth stock feeding
- Convenient quick lock belt tensioning for easy speed adjustment
- Industrial fence system with fine adjust dials for more precise positioning
- 3HP totally enclosed motor offers plenty of power
- Two spindle speeds (reversible) for a variety of work
- Superior clear cutter guard promotes safety, allows observation of the entire cut
- Table predrilled and tapped for feeder mounting in two locations
- Fence has dual featherboards for work holding
- Dual 4" ports for attachment to dust collection system
- Standard Equipment:
- 3/4" and 1-1/4" interchangeable spindle collets
- Spindle height digital readout
- Featherboard hold downs
- Deluxe miter gauge
- Integrated caster system
- Style (Type) Shaper
- Spindle Speed (RPM) 7,500, 10,000
- Maximum Spindle Diameter (In.) 1-1/4
- Spindle Size Under Nut (In.) 3/4 (3-3/4), 1-1/4 (6)
- Spindle Travel (In.) 4
- Spindle Tilt (Deg.) N.A.
- Reversible Yes
- Table Opening Diameter (In.) 7-3/8
- Table Inserts (In.) 2-35/64, 45/32, 5-3/4
- Table Insert Opening Diameter (In.) 2-35/64, 4-5/32, 5-3/4
- Table Size (In.) 40 x 30
- Table Travel (In.) N.A.
- Table Height from Floor (In.) 35-1/2
- Sliding Table Size (In.) N.A.
- Fence Size (L x H) (In.) 18-3/4 x 4-7/8
- Fence Travel (Major and Minor) (In.) N.A.
- Dust Port Outside Diameter (In.) 4
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM) 600
- Digital Readouts Spindle Height
- Electrical Controls Yes
- Motor Power (HP) 3
- Motor Phase 1
- Motor Voltage (V.) 230
- Motor Current (Amps) 14
Warranty and Service:
Walter Meier (Manufacturing) Inc. warrants every product it sells. If one of our tools needs service or repair, one of our Authorized Service Centers located throughout the United States can give you quick service. In most cases, any of these Walter Meier (Manufacturing) Inc. Authorized Service Centers can authorize warranty repair, assist you in obtaining parts, or perform routine maintenance and major repair on your POWERMATIC® tools.
Powermatic 5-year Warranty:
POWERMATIC products carry a limited warranty which varies in duration based upon the product. This warranty covers any defects in workmanship or materials subject to the exceptions stated below. Cutting tools, abrasives and other consumables are excluded from warranty coverage. The warranty covers only the initial purchaser of the product.